Do you want to help our local businesses impacted by the construction?
Join us at one of our upcoming events!
Saturday, February 9th at 10am.
Our first event was a Hamburger eating contest at Day’s Hamburgers, taking place on Wednesday, January 23rd at 4pm. Day’s is located at 295 N. Main. The event featured 4 Compadres who participated in the fastest eater of 10 Day’s Original Small Hamburgers. The one who finished their 10 small hamburgers first won the coveted Golden Construction Cone Trophy! To see who won and photos of the entire competition, click here.
We understand that construction is necessary for growth. We also know that our businesses need help until the construction is completed. Through the Construction Compadres, community members will participate in events at affected businesses. These events will bring awareness to the business, offer opportunities for construction updates, and provide attendees a chance for special shopping discounts. Some of these events may include a hamburger eating contest at Day’s Hamburgers, a Supermarket Sweep at SaveMart, a tricycle race at Vescovo, a Pictionary contest at Instacopy, and much more.
- Commit to an event every 4- 6 weeks, (max time 2 hours). We will notify you of the schedule way in advance. Compadres will be part of a large pool of public figures so participation in every event will not be mandatory.
- Use your social media to promote the event (with materials provided to you to make it easy).
- Have fun talking up the host business in weeks prior to the event.
Host Business duties
- Publicize the event at your business, and on your social media (graphics and flyers provided).
- Have supplies/food available for your event (each participant will raise money to cover costs of materials.
- Be prepared to talk at the event.
- Create discounts/special sales for your special event only (or for follow up visits). It’s up to you!
- We will coordinate the event with the host business and the Compadres.
- Will create press releases, flyers, and social media posts for all to use in promoting these events. We will also promote the event through our email marketing and social media.
- Will invite the press to cover the events.
- Will provide traveling trophy to winners.
- Will create a 3 to 6 month calendar of upcoming Compadre events for easy scheduling.
To submit your business for an upcoming event, please call Green Chamber CEO/President Carrie Hamblen at 575-323-1575 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.